Steve Says He Left "Blue's Clues" Because He Was Going Bald And Got Too Damn Old

Look, it’s a letter from our friend, Steve!

We all remember Steve and his magical thinking couch from Blue's Clues, right?

We all remember Steve and his magical thinking couch from Blue's Clues, right?

Nickelodeon

Steve Burns starred on the show for five seasons before abruptly leaving with little explanation as to why.

Steve Burns starred on the show for five seasons before abruptly leaving with little explanation as to why.

A lot of theories swirled around about what happened to Burns, like one that he died in a car accident, for example!

Nickelodeon

But in an interview with Huffington Post, Burns opened up about why he actually left the show.

But in an interview with Huffington Post, Burns opened up about why he actually left the show.

Nickelodeon / Via mtv.com

"I left the show because it was just simply time to go," he said. "I was pretty much playing a boyish, older brother-ish kind of character on the show. I was getting older; I was losing my hair."

"I left the show because it was just simply time to go," he said. "I was pretty much playing a boyish, older brother-ish kind of character on the show. I was getting older; I was losing my hair."

"A lot of the original gangsters on the show, like the people who created it, were all moving on to other careers," Burns continued. "I just had a gut feeling like it was time to go."

Nickelodeon


View Entire List ›